Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Book: Awakening Brilliance


So about an hour ago, I finished this enlightening book. Called 'Awakening Brilliance'. In all honesty I'm sure it's a guide to help teachers or educators learn new approaches to educating their students. I've had this book for YEARS. My mom has been trying to get me to read this for ages. I'm not even sure she finished it, I found her bookmark LOL. & by ages I mean... early high school & I've been out for almost 4 years now. Damn time flies. Any who...

Reading the book and interpreting things that I've learned from the book and incorporating them in my everyday life, is the best part of this read. I mean... It was meant for teachers and students to build relationships and healthy work environments, but who says you can't use that in your everyday life? I've learned more about values, and evaluations. "Everyone is unique; and once you are aware of your uniqueness; it's not likely you'll compare yourself to anyone else" Everything stated in the book made total sense. Made me think back to school. A lot of teachers, have different teaching styles, and many are hard on their students... Very few actually reach out to students & build a relationship, where students are not afraid to fail, and learn from their mistakes. To get change, you start with yourself. That information will not go unnoticed.

After reading this book, subtract the appendix... Meant for teachers, to refer to, in making change in their classrooms.

I remember my favorite teacher from high school! He was so nice, and he worked with everyone, creating relationships... Helping others with understanding, and learning. He didn't teach at us. He taught us, and in turn he learned new things from his students. Mr. Murray. =)

I'm glad I finally read this book. I'll be using it everyday. It's 2am and I want to call my mom & thank her, then maybe have her finish the book.... Then give it back lol. Anyways... Good night hunni buns.

LeeSuccess follow me.
xoxo
Lovelee

No comments:

Post a Comment